Sunday, October 20, 2013

Don't cover your ears, Love

The flash of light coming through the wholes where the windows should be indicate storm. There is rain and I love the smell of wet pavement. But I'm afraid that if you leave, the only thing I'll smell is wet pavement.

Don't cover your ears, Love. Lightning is frightnening but brave will save you. The wet pavemnt smells slightly like pennies, ripe blood, that copper tinge, and your scent is dulling as the pavement gets wetter and wetter. drop. drown. dead.

One thing I'm sure of is that I am a volt and you are lightening. I spark triple A batteries and you haunt the nightmares of the bravest child and you, you do not tremble me.

Just, Hazel Grace

3 comments:

  1. I have no freaking idea what this means, but I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't cover your ears love.
    - Such a simple but beautiful introduction into the post.
    I just love it all. Especially the ripe blood part.
    Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't get it, but it's awesome!!! So inspiring. wow... like seriously wow. :{)

    ReplyDelete